Safety regulations of Polish Hunters Association
(Most important safety rules)
- Barrels shall be directed either up or down during loading/reloading, moving, breaks in hunting, etc. and it is does not matter if a gun is loaded or unloaded.
- Before a gun is loaded its barrel must be checked whether it is empty.
- While moving a gun during targeting game, another hunter nor any other person can be "crossed by" a line alongside the gun's barrel.
- Targeting game and shooting thereof is permitted if it is fully identified and conditions ensures a safe shot.
- Drinking alcohol and using drugs are forbidden before and during the hunt.
- Group hunting rules:
- Guns have to be unloaded between drives.
- Use of a trigger accelerator is forbidden
- Optics mounted on your gun, if any, may have enlargement max. x3
- Each hunter may move no more than 3 meters left or right from his allocated position
- Shooting 'along side' of a hunters line is forbidden. 'Along side' means that the shooting direction passes the next hunter within 10 meters.
- Shooting across a corner of a hunters line is forbidden (see below).
- Shooting is allowed in standing position only.
- Shooting into a run is forbidden if the beaters are closer then 100 meters from the hunters' lines (see below).
- Shooting deer into the run is allowed if the hunting leader has gives permission in advance
- Maximum distance to shoot game into a run is 40 meters (see below)
- Maximum distance to shoot game out of a run is 100 meters (see below)
- Maximum distance to shoot using a shot gun is 40 meters